My first year of blogging will touch on various skills to manage not only your career but your life. The fundamental skill to address first is controlling your thoughts and letting your passion/energy outweight the naysayer inside of you. You need to be your biggest FAN. If you do, nothing can stop you.
Here is an awesome story of two Canadian teenage boys who made the declaration of putting a man into space…ok..a LEGO man…but they did it…and they didn’t accept perceived limitations…lack of education..lack of money….See the article from the Toronto Star.
What can we learn from this?
* It doesn’t matter where you have been, you can make things happen no matter what people tell you
* Lack of education, lack of connections, lack of money are not show stoppers…you can do it!!
* Believe it or not, there are things you are doing today, that are inspiring others..You just don’t know it.
* Building your own self-confidence comes from taking risks and living your passion..one day at a time
* Let yourself feel inspired by others…if they can do it…you can do it.
Action: Pretend you are a teenager, if you are not so today. Everything is possible and you ignore people who tell you otherwise. What two things would you do that would be inspiring and lift your spirits? Can you find a way to make it happen? If you can, you will feel higher than the Lego Man in Space!!!
Quote of the Day: “Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today”….James Dean